FAQ and Policies
What are the advantages of staying with APS Furnished Abodes?
What is included in the property rent?
What is a Utility Allowance?
If the utility expenses are more significant than the utility allowance, this may result in an additional cost for you. Each rental unit has a calculated allowance that is stated in your lease. If you exceed the monthly amount, then you will need to pay for the extra charges. The overage will be invoiced along with billing information supporting the additional expense.
So please be careful with your utility usage. Shut off all lights when not in use and when you leave the unit. Adjust the thermostat accordingly if you will be away for awhile. Make sure your windows are shut when using AC/heat and not letting heat out (or cold in). Not only will these steps help you stay within the unit’s allowance, you’ll also be doing Mother Earth a big favor!
What are the features and amenities of our properties?
Interior Features: Coffee maker, fully equipped kitchens, high-speed wireless internet, basic cable channels, heat and central air, washer dryer either in the unit or nearby in the building.
Furnishings: Flat screen television, wholly furnished with distinctive furniture and decorations, housewares, microwave and much, much more.
A complete list can be provided for each unit upon request.
How is APS different from Airbnb/HomeAway or vacation rental websites?
- We allow extensions. If you’re not sure how long your stay will be, since we rent in chronological order, your rental may be available to extend (with proper notice, usually 30 days).
- All properties are professionally managed. Sometimes when renting from individuals or smaller companies, getting new keys when you’re locked out or getting the Wi-Fi reset, can be burdensome. We’ve designed our response effort to help you with timely repairs and service.
- We can provide showings, when possible. If you’re available and in town (or have someone who can look on your behalf) we can show you the property ahead of time – usually with 24-hour notice to the currently renting guest.
- Know the departure cleaning fee up front – Some rental companies and websites do not display the cleaning fees (and other fees) until after you have committed to the property.
- No shared living. We get this question based on the creation of the shared economy, but all of our rentals are for your exclusive use.
What time is check-in/out?
What are the check-in procedures?
What other services do you offer?
I'm expecting a large shipment while I'm living in one of your properties. Is there anything special I need to do?
Are properties professionally cleaned between each rental?
Are pets allowed?
Owners will have to complete a pet addendum as part of the application process.
Do you charge taxes?
Do you require a security deposit?
For those units that allow pets there is an additional $250 security deposit added to the bill and shown separately.
What other charges are there when making a reservation?
- There is a one-time, non-refundable cleaning fee that ranges from $100.00 – $300.00 depending on the property.
- A six (6) percent Monroe County Occupancy Tax is added to each bill for any stay less than 29 days.
- Certain properties allow pets. In this case, $75/month will be charged, and an additional $250 security deposit will be added to the initial invoice.
- All renters staying at Sibley Square who require parking will be charged an additional $57(unassigned) or $70 (assigned) per month.
- Regular cleaning service is available; please inquire about pricing.
What are accepted forms of payment?
APS accepts most major credit cards, personal or certified checks, and wire transfers. Credit card fees will be passed on to the client at the time of the transaction. Fee amounts are determined by the selected payment services vendor and not APS. In the case of wire transfers, the client will be responsible for all wire transaction fees.
How do I make a reservation?
If assistance is required, do not hesitate to call us at 585.298.4466 or by dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ About ABODES
Owner’s Rental Program
I own a property and want to rent through your company. What are the steps involved?
Why should I choose Abodes Property Services?
We have several important facets:
- We personally visit, vet and inspect each property before adding it to our inventory.
- We cater to business travelers although there are many other types of professionals and families who have rented from us. In all cases, we understand the needs for service and convenience when coming to Rochester to work.
- We have been providing furnished accommodations in the Rochester area since 2007. We are the ONLY local business solely dedicated to furnished rentals aside from the occasional landlord or owner who chooses to rent similarly.
- No two units are alike and neither are the varied tastes of renters. We pride ourselves on our diverse portfolio of residences.